1/4 cup butter
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
1 carrot, diced
1 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 cup red wine
2 cups beef stock
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 13-ounce cans crushed tomatoes
3/4 pound spaghetti
3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until it starts to soften.
- add the garlic, celery and carrot and cook, stirring over love heat for 5 minutes.
- increase the heat to high, add the beef and oregano and cook for 4-5 minutes or until browned. use a fork to break up any lumps.
- pour in the wine, reduce the heat, and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until it is absorbed.
- add the stock, tomato paste and tomatoes and season well. cover with a lid and simmer for 1 and a half hours, stirring occasionally to prevent the sauce from catching on the bottom of the saucepan. uncover and simmer for another hour, stirring occasionally.
- cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling water until al dente.
- drain the spaghetti. serve with the parmesan.
source : bowl food