Potato, Cheese and Onion Enchiladas
4 medium (about 2lbs.) potatoes, peeled
12 oz. shredded white cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 tsp. salt
2 cans (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1/4 cup mild chili powder
1 Tbs. plus 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
12 8 inch flour totillas
shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream (optional)
- bake potatoes for 45 minutes at 425 in oven.
- let cool then shred them. add half of shredded cheese, then onions and salt. mix to combine.
- in saucepan, combine tomato sauce, chili powder, 1 Tbs. oil and water. heat to boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- spread 1-2 Tbs of tomato sauce combo over tortilla. then place 1/2 cup of potato mixture in tortilla. fold tortilla in half and press together to form enchiladas. place in a casserole dish in a single layer. repeat for each.
- top with remaining tomato sauce and cheese.
- bake 15 minutes. serve with lettuce, salsa and sour cream, if desired.
yields can feed four, easy
source: some magazine, although we've modified to above version