at our dinner table, we don't pray, we do thankfuls. about thankfuls:
- thankfuls begin by saying 'i'm thankful for ...' where dot-dot-dot equals something you're happy about in your life.
- thankfuls don't happen at every dinner.
- bella, to date, has been the one to determine if thankfuls occur or not.
- bella also determines who goes first for an evening's thankfuls.
- during thankfuls, one must place their clasped hands under the table. leaving them above the table, as many guests may do, will for-sure be noticed and for-sure earn the offender a full-on bella lashing that usually goes something like this:
HEY! YOU! HANDS DOWN!
bella, we do not yell at our guests. if you'd like them to do something differently you'd kindly inform them that you'd prefer it if they placed their hands under the table.
you! put your hands under the table. everyones' hands must be under the table for thankfuls.
oh. i'm sorry. i didn't know that.
now you do.
- if bella becomes perturbed enough with how thankfuls are proceeding, they may be stopped at any point in or before the rotation.
- arguing over cancelled thankfuls does little good.
- truth told, there are nights where my thankful would be that thankfuls aren't happening.
picture credit: chris mcgrath took this photo of his wife while they were traveling through europe. i stole it from him because i fell in love with the stately image ... and am thankful he didn't notice.